Must-see & do Attractions in Edmonton
Edmonton is full of fun things to see and do, but if you don’t have time to do everything on your list, consider this list of the top must see attractions.
1. West Edmonton Mall: The story of West Edmonton Mall is the story of how a handful of visionaries took an ordinary idea like a shopping centre and turned it into a world-class destination. The Mall’s stores, attractions, and services combine to form the most comprehensive retail, hospitality and entertainment complex on Earth. As the prototype for mixed-use entertainment facilities, West Edmonton Mall is a place where people come to shop, play, and stay.
West Edmonton Mall’s concept is inspired by the traditional urban bazaars of Persia, where shopping and entertainment were plentiful and operated in tandem, fulfilling a variety of consumer needs all in one place.
At 5.3 million square feet, the Mall is the size of a small city and is accredited as a zoo.
West Edmonton Mall is home to more than 800 stores and services including nine world-class attractions, two hotels, over 100 dining venues, the widest variety of one-of-a-kind retailers, and entertainment for all ages. Average yearly visitation is approximately 30.8 million, making West Edmonton Mall the province’s number-one tourist attraction.
2. Three Boars Eatery: Born through a mutual love for delicious food and drink, Three Boars quickly became a destination for locally inspired small plates, craft cocktails and beer. Presented in a warm and casual atmosphere, it is a great stop for all occasions including the after work pint, awkward first dates and Moms 60th birthday celebration.
Located just south of the historic High Level Bridge, it sits snug between bustling downtown, the ever rambunctious Whyte Avenue and a hop skip jump away from the University of Alberta.
3. Old Strathcona Farmer’s Market: Edmonton’s biggest indoor year round farmers’ market. Fresh from the farm to your family! We make it, we bake it, we grow it, we sell it! Over 130 vendors selling only the freshest local food and handmade arts and crafts. Open every Saturday, all year ’round! Free customer parking during market hours in our lot across Gateway Boulevard.
4. World Waterpark: The World Waterpark is wet, wild, wonderful fun for the whole family. Our amazing five-acre playland is home to water slides, hot tubs, children’s areas and tropical temperatures. Come on in, the water’s fine!
World Waterpark is a water park located at West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Opened to the public in 1986, it is the largest indoor water park in North America.
5. River Valley Adventure: River Valley Adventure offers guided Adventure Segway tours in the beautiful Edmonton and Calgary river valleys. We also have bike, snowshoe, and game rentals available. Our Urban Green Café, in Edmonton, has fresh sandwiches and salads available prepared by renowned executive chef Brad Smoliak. (available seasonally) This adventure is fantastic for any outings with friends, date night or corporate team building event.
Whether you’re just visiting or born and raised, River Valley Adventure Co. is the best way to experience Edmonton’s or Calgary’s River Valley. We have over a decade of experience in the Segway® PT business and our guides are the top Segway® PT trainers in Canada. They strive to ensure your experience is safe, fun and extremely memorable.
In addition to our wildly popular Segway® PT tours we also offer bike rentals, running tours and walking tours for those who prefer more physical activity in their adventure.
We also have a wide array of sports games that can be rented such as badminton and volleyball sets, croquet and bocce sets, as well as footballs, soccer balls and many more fun activities to enjoy in the park. We offer recreational fishing opportunities where you can rent fishing equipment and go fish off one of the public docks down and even get your fishing license right at the store.
6. Wyld Archery: Welcome to Edmonton’s best full service pro shop and archery lanes. From the first time shooter, to the experienced hunter or target archer we carry everything that you need, and if we don’t have it in stock we can order it in for you from our suppliers.
We specialize in customer service and will go to incredible lengths to make sure that you have a wonderful experience. Whether it’s your first time, or if you have been shooting for decades, we look forward to helping you.